Being Punjabi, I always want to write Punjabi in Android Facebook and WhatsApp, etc. But Most of the Android phone companies like Micromax, Gionee, Lenovo, Oppo, Xolo, Intex, Spice, Karbonn, comes without regional font support. Also, many phones of HTC, Samsung, Sony Xperia, Xiaomi, Oneplus one, Micromax Yu, etc.
It has no support for local languages. I used so many Android phones but only seen Punjabi in some of Samsung phones,
my friends always ask me to show Punjabi in their phones so they can read write Punjabi in their phones,
so I search the web but haven’t found something that is working fine I try Punjabi fonts for Android, Punjabi keyboard android, but not working at all.
So here is a quick guide to writing Punjabi in Android and other Indian regional language.
How To Read/Write Punjabi in Android
- You need to have rooted Android How To Root Any Android Phone.
- Download Regional Font file.
- File manager from play store ES File Explorer File Manager.
- If you have downloaded everything, you need to get Punjabi font.
- Open file explorer swipe from left to right Go to> Tool> Root, Explorer.
- Now copy that font file and Go to> Device(Root)> System >Fonts.
- Paste that file (Click ‘Overwrite’ if necessary).
- Long click on that File and Go to> Properties> Set permissions as 644 or RW (Check The first line three boxes and 2nd line first box uncheck all other ).
- All Done Reboot now.
- Check Below lines whether It shows Punjabi or boxes.
ਸਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ
- To write Punjabi or other regional language use swift keyboard The best and free.
Punjabi Status for Whatsapp
Languages Supported by this method:
- Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit (Devanagari Script) – हिन्दी, मराठी, संस्कृतम्
- Nepali – नेपाली
- Bengali / Bangala – বাংলা
- Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
- Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
- Tamil – தமிழ்
- Telugu – తెలుగు
- Malayalam – മലയാളം
- Punjabi / Gurmukhi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
- Urdu – اُردُو
If you can view the translations of above languages, you probably have fonts installed.
How to Write in Regional Fonts:
To write in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, etc. Here are the links for the keyboard which you need to use. Make sure you have installed above font file to render it properly.
Hindi / Marathi / Kannada Keyboard: Play Store Download
Bangala Keyboard: Download
Gujarati Keyboard: Download
Punjabi Keyboard: Download
Telugu Keyboard: Download
Malayalam Keyboard: Download
Urdu / Arabic Keyboard: Download
If you face any problem comment down to get instant help from me and others too 🙂
Fell free to share this post anywhere in the web subscribe down to get our all post in your inbox directly.
Top Android Apps to Earn Free Talktime
How To Hide Files And Folders In Android
Upgrade Any Phone To KitKat